What exactly is self-care, and why is it important? Is self-care selfish, as so many Christians seem to think? In this episode, Natalie talks with Sarah McDugal about why self-care is actually a sacred duty.
Links mentioned in this episode are as follows:
- 21-day Sacred Self-care Challenge Signup
- 6-Steps To Forgiveness Playlist
- 3 Forgiveness Myths Playlist
- Scripture Lullaby Audios
- Soothing Scripture meditations
- Your Sexually Addicted Spouse by Barbara Steffens and Marsha Means
- Flying Free private education and support group
Sarah is an author, speaker, and abuse recovery coach who works exclusively with female survivors of abuse in the faith community. She offers online coaching for both groups and individuals, available internationally, for women recovering from abuse. She also conducts training events for churches and organizations on how to recognize and respond to abuse, as well as inspirational events focused on God’s love and healing for women and teen girls.
Sarah is the author of ONE FACE: Shed the Mask, Own Your Values, and Lead Wisely.
Download today’s transcript: Flying Free Podcast Episode 19
CLICK TO PLAY:
Do you have a question related to emotional or spiritual abuse that you’d like answered on the Flying Free podcast? Head over HERE!
Browse other life-renewing podcast episodes HERE.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Help spread the word about this podcast! Leave a review on iTunes by following these instructions:
- Launch Apple’s podcast app on your phone or iPad.
- Tap the Search tab and enter the name of this podcast: Flying Free. Hit “Search.”
- Tap on the album art for this podcast (see above.)
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login if you aren’t already logged in.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Share the podcast via iTunes, or just share the link to this episode on your favorite social media platform.